Achievements of Preparing for Life in its first 2 years of existence:
- An agreed worldwide policy and action plan (International Expert Meeting, the Hague, 2010).
- The constitution of an international scientific expert consortium representing all continents and the various fields of interest and capable of making a substantial contribution to improving maternal and child health.
- The shaping of the Preparing for Life organization on national, regional and global level.
- The constitution of a secretariat established in the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO in Leiden with all necessary facilities.
- Communication and programs with (nutrition) industry (summit in Lyon, 2011; Madrid, 2012)
- A formal collaboration with the World Health Organization.
- A WHO/PfL-international expertmeeting on consensus and definitions and on a packet of interventions to be integrated in existing national healthcare services (Geneve, 6 & 7 February 2012; together with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and others).
- A PfL/WHO-international expertmeeting on strategy determination and implementation (Geneva, 8 February 2012).
- A program/roadmap for (WHO-) regional policy and implementation of the outcome of the various international expert meetings paving the way for adoption of a packet of interventions in national regular primary healthcare programs.
- The co- development of demonstration projects and pilot studies.