Preparing for Life is a (non-profit) foundation. For practical reasons the board consists of a maximum of eight Dutch members representing each group of constituents and two international members. The board has a two years mandate.
- Dr. Symone Detmar (co-chair), Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), Leiden & Rotary, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Dr. Cor Oosterwijk (co-chair), European Genetic Alliances’ Network, EGAN, Brussels, Belgium & VSOP, Soest, The Netherlands
- Prof. dr. Irmgard Nippert, Medical School, Department of Human Genetics, Westfahlen University, Muenster, Germany
- Prof.dr. Arnold Christianson, Wits Centre for Ethics (WCE), University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, Sout Africa
- Prof. dr. Jacques Scheres, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Rotary, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Prof. dr. Marianne de Visser, Dep. of Neurology, Academic Medical Center (AMC), Amsterdam, The Netherlands